Project Purpose and Growth:
The Purpose of the Facilities Master Plan (FMP) Task Force is to serve as a working group for development of the Merced College Facilities Master Plan. The FMP will provide a roadmap for facilities development in order to support the goals and strategies of the College’s Educational Master Plan (EMP). The FMP will guide the decision-making process and prioritization of new construction and renovation of existing facilities.
The FMP Task Force will:
- Ensure representation of all areas of the College in developing the FMP;
- Work in collaboration with our consultants, Arthur Gensler & Associates, providing input and feedback throughout of the plan’s development;
- Support alignment of the FMP with the College’s Mission, Vision, Values, and recently completed Educational Master Plan;
- Keep students, student success, and service to the Merced College region at the center of discussion during FMP development;
- Exemplify quality employee engagement, advocate for additional internal stakeholder engagement, and serve as a communication body to the rest of the internal Merced College community, including the Los Banos Campus.
The project will be conducted in 5 phases:
- Step 1: Prepare
- Step 2: Analyze
- Step 3: Frame
- Step 4: Explore
- Step 5: Recommend